GALLERY HOURS: Thursday & Friday 11-6, Saturday 11-4, or by appointment.
Please call if you're going to be nearby...we may be here...and you're welcome anytime! 716-228-1855
Artists at 1045
Susie Kelly Flatau • Carol Koziol Clark • Karen Foegen • Eileen Graetz • Loryn Spangler-Jones
Erma Kratzke • Susan M. Miller • Jon Stafford • Deanna Weinholtz • Bill Wilson
Thank you for visiting our studio and gallery store. Photographics 2 is the home studio for Don & Diann Zinteck, 1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts, merchandise from the Garden Walk Buffalo, and other studio or gallery events which occur throughout the year. For more Garden Walk Buffalo information, visit website.
- NEWS FOR 2015
1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts will continue to expand their presence in the WNY arts scene by hosting artists in all medium...which includes the creation of images or objects in fields including painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography and other visual media...but also including poetry, music, film, art performance & installations, culinary arts, and other unknowns (one can never expect what our next show may feature).
We are searching for artists who would like to develop themed "Pop-Up/Trunk Shows" as special events or Holiday themed concepts. Most shows are short term 1-3 day events. Please call to discuss your ideas!
We are looking forward to further develop relationships with an existing core of artists as well as inviting new artists to join our movement in bringing the arts to the public! The "arts to the public" concept includes performance in conjunction with art shows...pop-up shows...trunk shows..student shows...and the like!
Have an interest in showing/performing at 1045...please call to discuss your project. Multiple layers of art and performance are highly regarded!! Poets...YEP! Theatrical Performance...YEP YEP!! Acoustical performance...YEP YEP YEP!!!
Come visit our unique exhibit and performance space...but call first so we can give you our complete attention!
2015 Calendar of Events & Exhibits
- March 5 - April 5 – Du•al•i•ty – C. Mari' Pack & Tom Coyne - Original Paintings.
Color can make the heart beat faster, whet the appetite, or spark a memory. 1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts shines a spotlight on our society’s impulsive reaction to color in du·al·i·ty.
“I paint with the conviction that color can manipulate the mind”, states exhibitor and artist C. Mari’ Pack. “The colors we see are invariably influenced by what we feel; therefore we can never really separate what we see from what we know.”
Co-exhibitor and artist, Thomas Coyne, uses color to purposely communicate with his audience. “I found I could say things with color that I could not any other way.”
Pairing their different styles, Coyne and Mari’ have teamed up and set out to create a fun, stimulating exhibit that will evoke emotional connections and challenge the subconscious.
Opening Reception: First Friday - March 6, 6-9 pm.
- April 8 - April 14 – Jordan Burby & Seth Hughes – Student Art Show in Visual Design.
Opening Reception: Friday - April 10, 6-9 pm.
- April 15 - April 21 – Chris Lorek – Student Art Show in Visual Design.
Opening Reception: Friday - April 17, 6-9 pm.
- April 22 - April 29 – Darcie Rosinski - Student Art Show in Ceramics.
Opening Reception: Friday - April 24, 6-9 pm.
- April 29 - May 5 – Hilary Collins - Student Art Show in Ceramics.
Opening Reception: First Friday - May 1, 6-9 pm.
- May 13 - June 5 – Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society – Members Transparent Watercolor Show.
Saturday May 23 – Awards Reception – 2-5 pm
- May 15 – Poet Perry Nicholas and Singer/Songwriter Maria Sebastian, 7-9 pm
Original Poetry and Music Night with Poet Perry Nicholas and Singer/Songwriter Maria Sebastian.
Perry Nicholas and Maria Sebastian will perform original poetry and music along with guest readers in an intimate exhibition space and studio.
$5.00 cover or a "Dish to Share" (see press release)
Maria Sebastian • Perry Nicholas • Press Release
- July 13 - July 19 – Gallery Closed
- July 27 - July 31 – Infringement Festival – MJ Myers
Live art performance/drawing & painting
Dates/Times to be announced
- August 6 - August 22 – MJ Myers – Drawings, Paintings & Illustrations
Opening Reception: First Friday, August 7 – 6-9 pm. MJ Myers web site
- August 27 - September 27 – John Pacovsky – Paintings, Illustrations & other works
Opening Reception: First Friday, September 4 – 6-9 pm.
- October 2 - October 31 – Nikki Catalano-Ritchey – Art Tales
Opening Reception: First Friday, October 2 – 6-9 pm.
- November 5 - December 31 – Karen Foegen - Eileen Graetz - Carole Kauber - JoAnn Mileham - Susan M. Miller – Southwest Travels
Opening Reception: First Friday, November 6 – 6-9 pm.
- Late November & Early December – there are student dates available upon request...please call to discuss your needs.
- November 27 - November 29 – Holiday Open House Weekend
1045 Elmwood Gallery for the Arts will be having their annual OPEN HOUSE on Friday, November 27, 11-7 pm. Light refreshments will be served. Holiday Open Studios artists will be on display with their fine art and seasonal wares.
Gallery Hours: Friday, November 27 – 11-6 pm, Saturday & Sunday 11-4 pm.
- December 4 - December 6 – Holiday Open Studios
Holiday Open Studios artists and representative works by more that 20 local artists will be on display with their fine art and seasonal wares.
The Garden Walk Buffalo Store will feature items from this current year's Garden Walk Buffalo as well as inventory from previous years of Garden Walk...including a collection of Posters of our events!
1045, our gallery store, features photography, painting, printmaking, jewelry, ceramics, giclée prints, sculpture, and more...from a collection of artists currently on display and well as artists from previously featured shows and events.
Artists at 1045
Susie Kelly Flatau • Eileen Graetz • Bill Wilson • Loryn Spangler-Jones • Jon Stafford • Erma Kratzke